Defense Travel Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Obsidian Solutions Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Defense Travel Administrator
Primary Location: Arlington, VA, US
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Security Clearance: Active Top Secret/SCI and willing to take a CI Poly
Mission Support Experts, in support of the Directorate for Intelligence (J2), Office of the Director of Mission Support (J21). Current operations and contingency operations demand more robust support from Mission Support staff. To facilitate this effort, expert technical operational support is needed and shall support the J2 Deputy Director for Mission Support and team on all matters related to the activities of advising the executive staff on all personnel, security, facility, logistics and requirements management from DIA and Joint Staff.
* Act as an Organizational Defense Travel Administrator (ODTA) responsible for the daily administration of the Defense Travel System (DTS) at the organizational level, and at a minimum, perform the following:
* Conduct initial user training and annual DTS refresher training per agency and Department of Defense (DoD) regulations. Maintain a copy of the attendance rosters and certification for the current plus one previous year.
* Retrieve and manage ODTA DTA report per agency and DoD regulations.
* Ensure organization information is current with the Defense Travel Administration (DTA) maintenance tool.
* Monitor permission levels to ensure appropriate separation of duties and assignment of permissions in accordance with agency and DoD regulations.
* Conduct profile and organizational maintenance to ensure routing lists are configured to maximize the accuracy of DTS documents while allowing for documents to be approved as expeditiously as possible.
* Get profile and organizational maintenance to ensure routing lists are configured to maximize the accuracy of DTS documents while allowing for documents to be approved as expeditiously as possible.
* Ensure DTS check-in and check-out procedures are followed in accordance with J2 policies.
* Routinely monitor the actions of the Approving Officials (AOs) and inform the Government Lead of any irregularities.
* Assist in the reconciliation of J2 contracts and financial database with the Agency Financial records by working with the respective analyst to resolve discrepancy between the J2 database and the Agency Financial records.
* Provide requested financial reports to J2 Resource Management on an "as needed" basis.
* Assist preparation of and track both incoming and outgoing MIPRs.
* Track PRs though the CMS system, obtain copies of obligating documents from the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) or other government agency.
* Provide general support and assistance to J2 Financial Management Staff.
* Assist with the in-processing and out-processing of J2 personnel, including Joint Staff Information Network-Unclassified (JSIN-S/U) accounts, parking, and property.
* Prepare, requisition and process purchase requests through the Contract Management System (CMS); alternative contract manager.
* Perform duties as the J21 Activity Supply Custodian by managing the storage closets and ordering office supplies as required.
* Perform requirements processing in both tasker systems (eTask and JSAP).
* Conduct Information Technology Projects, VTCs, data mining, graphics development, document destruction, and other related IT assistance.
* Prepare message traffic and other controlled / secure communications using government provided platforms.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
* Be familiar with MS Office Suite.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Normal office environment
* Local travel within the National Capital Region
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.