Defined Contribution - Set Up Configuration Specialist (Atlanta, GA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Aon Is Looking For A Defined Contribution Set Up Configuration Specialist
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our South Service Operations business group within Aon Hewitt, in Atlanta, GA.
Your Impact As A Set Up Configuration Specialist
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Reviews analysis documents prepared by the Systems Analyst and configures (using graphic user interface tools) the TBA System to fix a system defect or complete a client request/change. Completes high level testing to ensure no major defects are in the code.
* Executes test plan (including regression testing) by identifying/creating test participants and performing calculations for expected results. Determines if configuration performs accurately, reflects requirements, and has zero negative impact to existing provisions.
* Documents defects when actual results do not meet expected results.
* Analyzes issues/defects and debugs the system when configuration is not producing expected results. Researches issues to determine if source of error is with the test data, test plan, or configuration.
* Resolves issues with test cases or set-up and re-tests configuration. Escalates issues as appropriate.
* Knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
* Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles/concepts.
* Interpret and understand conditional statements (i.e., If/Then/Else).
* Apply basic relational database concepts (e.g., table relationships, keys).
* Knowledge of and ability to write basic SQL and DB2 queries.
* Troubleshoot basic system defects and errors.
* Ability to interpret and understand typical client requirements documentation.
* Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Ability to effectively prioritize, manage, track, and report project status.
* Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
* Excellent understanding of the organization s goals and objectives.
* Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
* Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time or for extended periods of time.
* Access information using a computer and related components and peripherals.
* Participation in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, math, or equivalent work experience in an analytical area.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420240
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, GA, Atlanta