This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
West Palm Beach, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Deliverability Specialist provides close analytical monitoring of both domestic and international email campaigns. Responsibilities include investigating and analyzing delivery trends, communicating deliverability concepts, and working with ISPs and ISP partners regarding anti-abuse to ensure compliance in industry standards and innovations.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey highly technical information in an accessible and understandable manner. Prior knowledge and experience with email related technologies (i.e. SMTP, DNS, industry and ISP relations, etc.) is a plus.
* Establish and maintain key business relationships with leading Internet Service Providers, email Inbox Providers, and email Service Providers
* Access SMTP Bounce logs and build an understanding of the complexity of the different types of messages each email server will have
* Support all remediation involving ISP bulking, ISP blocking, Spam Filter issues, IP address Whitelisting, etc.
* Research and report on industry trends, updates and technology
* Support post deployment data analysis: organizing, simplifying and presenting data to internal teams
* Communicate both internally and externally on List Hygiene, email deliverability best practices, IP warming strategy, and optimal email deployment details
* Work with multiple internal marketing teams, including Creative, Development, Operations, and Campaign Management, to define, set up, implement, manage and monitor the deliverability of all email campaigns
* Monitor the reputation of our IP addresses consistently
* Create internal deliverability documentation and processes
* Attend industry events and conferences in US and internationally (i.e. M3AAWG, ESPC, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* University degree in industry-related field (i.e.: Marketing, Information Systems, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.)
* 3+ years of experience in the Postmaster / email deliverability space, including working with email receivers, blacklist operators and anti-spam providers
* Working knowledge of email-related technologies (SMTP, DNS, email reputation services, email authentication, etc.)
* Experience in email delivery monitoring and issue notification systems
* Strong understanding of the automated and manual processing of spam complaints, bounces, FBL, SNDS, JMRP, whitelists, etc.
* Experience in monitoring and reporting campaign level data
* Basic knowledge of how emails are coded in HTML vs. Text
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and experience using Google Docs
* Strong statistical and analytical skills
* Solid understanding of email and related internet technologies
* Knowledge of the major ISPs, email marketing, anti-spam technologies and the sender/receiver side of email is a plus
* Established relationships with major ISPs / blacklist operators a huge plus
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to function in a high pressure/fast paced environment with diverse clientele
* Extremely effective written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization at any given time
* A passion for analysis and troubleshooting
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills as well as an attention to detail with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into easy-to-understand terms
* Flexibility and open mind to very diverse clientele needs and business goals
* Innovative thinker who can formulate conclusions having both the Sender and the Receiver in mind in the email industry