Delivery Driver - Bowie TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDo you see yourself working for a diverse company with a clear vision? Airgas Inc., an industry leader in the packaged gas business, believes our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer 401k, Health Care benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. When you join Airgas, you become a part of a team of more than 18,000 associates that recognizes and understands the value of our family like atmosphere. If you are interested in working for a financially sound, best-in-class Company, and one that cares about its employees, apply today!
Airgas USA, LLC. Southwest is currently seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to fulfill a Delivery Driver position at our branch in Bowie, TX. This person will drive a truck over established route to deliver and sell products while performing the following duties.
* Must maintain a current Class A or B CDL with Hazmat & Airbrake endorsements.
* Must have at least one year of Class A or B CDL driving experience. CDL must meet Airgas standard qualification requirements for drivers.
* Must have the ability to become Forklift Certified.
* The employee must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment.
* Sells products and services to existing and new customers.
* Drives truck to deliver gasses and hard goods to customer's place of business.
* Performs non-route delivery(s) necessary to provide customers with product.
* Collects money from customers, makes change, and records transactions on customer receipt.
* Writes customer order and instructions to ensure order accuracy.
* Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
* Calls on prospective customers to solicit new business. Prepares order forms.
* Informs regular customers of new products or services.
* Listens to and resolves service complaints.
* Issues sales promotion materials to customers.
* Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise.
* Loads and unloads cylinders to and from delivery truck.
* Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
* Cleans inside of truck. Performs routine maintenance checks on truck.
* Complies with all company policies and meets DOT requirements.
* Assists inside store with servicing customers at dock, front counter and over the phone.
* Attends safety meetings as scheduled before, during or after daily shift.
* Assists with other driver's scheduled duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and record information.
* Ability to speak effectively before customers or associates.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to calculate percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Class B CDL required, hazardous material and air brakes endorsements required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit while making deliveries; use hands to finger, handle, or feel while making deliveries; reach with hands and arms; talk to or hear customers; and smell leaking gas from cylinders. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance. The associate must regularly lift up to 60 pounds and move more than 125 pounds with the aid of material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll find it With Us! Airgas offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, and 401(k).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.