Delivery Driver Class A
BiRite Foodservice Distributors - Brisbane, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- BiRite Foodservice Di... BiRite Foodservice Distributors
- Brisbane, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Position: CLASS A Commercial Delivery Driver
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• This job consists of 90% unloading product by hand/handtruck and only 10% driving.
• Drive tractor/trailer, adhering to all commercial driving regulations while delivering food and food related products to BiRite customers, which include restaurants, hotels and schools.
• Deliver products to customers safely and on time, according to routing instructions and times.
• Safely drive tractor/trailer in and out of the customer’s loading area as well as over the road.
• Must consistently provide quality customer service to customers during the delivery process.
• Maintain logbooks according to Department of Transportation Regulations.
• Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections on tractor/trailer, and complete the vehicle inspection report.
• Unload product from the trailer with a hand truck and place them in designated customer storage areas.
• Verify delivery of items with customer against the invoice and obtain proper signatures.
• Collect C.O.D. money, (cash or checks), if required.
• Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in area and complete the necessary paperwork. Must follow BiRite’s Driver Check In procedures at all times.
• Park tractor and secure hand truck in the proper location in the yard.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Valid California class A Commercial Driver License is required
• Clean DMV record a must
• Minimum of 2 years customer service job experience dealing with the public is a must
• 3 years of commercial class A driving experience is preferred
• Multiple stops with time windows & manual unloading work experience is highly preferred
• Food delivery experience is highly desired
• A stable work history a must
• Must be able to lift 85 lbs.
• All product is unloaded with a hand truck (approx. 800 cases a day). This job is very physical!
• Excellent customer service skills a must
• High school diploma or GED is desirable
• Must maintain a professional appearance
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must pass a background check, physical and drug test
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Driver’s job. While performing the responsibilities of a Driver, the employee is required to have a valid Class A Commercial Driver License in California, talk and hear. This is a PHYSICAL position. The employee must be able to lift 85 lbs, push/pull up to 150 lbs, bend, stoop, turn/twist body, reach, squat, walk, kneel, crouch, stand, and operate an electric pallet jack, walk up and down the ramp, must use their hands and fingers, drive, handle and feel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Safety Sensitive position – Pre-employment, Random, Post Accident and Suspicion Drug/Alcohol tests are administered!
To apply for this position go to http://www.birite.com/careers01.htm
Starting Salary: $19.50/hour +incentive pay up to $300 per week (after 90-days)
Health benefits, holidays, paid vacation and sick time once eligibility is met.
Matching 401(k) after 6 months of employment & Profit Sharing after 1 year of employment.
Work schedule: Monday - Friday 5:00am - 1:30pm with 1/2 hour unpaid lunch. Overtime is required. Starting times may vary.
BiRite is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance