Delivery Driver for Safeway.com
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
Delivery Driver for Safeway.com
Are you ready to deliver*
Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,300+ stores across the United States. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of shoppers.
Safeway customers also shop online and Safeway.com Delivery Drivers deliver orders to homes and businesses within a designated area. Our drivers work independently and specialize in delivering world class customer service, ensuring an efficient and satisfying Safeway experience.
Safeway.com is currently accepting applications for part-time Delivery Drivers. This is a fast paced, independent position that involves lifting, lowering, and carrying groceries that typically weigh 15 50 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction and driving skills. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver s license issued within the state that they live in and are expected to comply with Safeway.com appearance guidelines and wear company-provided shirts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate company provided truck in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
- Deliver customer orders to homes and/or places of business within established time frames
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customers
- Ensures customer delivery questions are accurately answered
- Physically loading and unloading delivery trucks
- Maintain accurate transportation logs including vehicle inspection reports on a daily basis
* Excellent customer service skills
* One year of paid driving experience preferred
* Flexible work availability preferred
* Excellent driving and route mapping skills
* Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast paced environment
* Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Valid driver s license with a history of no more than one moving violation, no suspensions or not at fault accidents within the last three years, and no DUI/DWI within the past seven years
* Neat and professional appearance required. No visible tattoos of an offensive nature, no unconventional piercing(s)
* Well trimmed facial hair on male Drivers is acceptable, including full and partial beards.
* Eighteen years of age or older (19 for Arizona, 21 for Virginia , Washington and Oregon)
* Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
* Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis while carrying groceries
* Two handed lifting, pushing, handling, and carrying totes on a frequent basis
* Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes
* Two handed pushing, pulling and lifting of loaded and unloaded totes in and out of truck cargo area
Prospective candidates will go thorough pre-employment interviews and job offers are contingent upon successful completion of criminal, motor vehicle, and sex offender background checks, as well as a pre-employment drug test. New hires will be required to attend 5 days of training..
Safeway.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer