Delivery/Equipment Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are seeking a Delivery/Equipment Technician to join our team.
This position compiles ordered pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment and delivers ordered products to patients' homes in an accurate, courteous and timely manner. Ensures a smooth flow of activities related to deliveries, maintenance of supplies, pick up following discharge, rotating of patient supplies and drugs, cleaning and maintaining equipment and appropriated documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Maintains delivery vehicle to include cleaning, inspecting and scheduling needed service as well as maintaining back-up supplies for on-call supply calls.
* Operates the vehicle in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
* Ensures full adherence to policies and procedures, including maintenance of accurate and complete records in compliance with federal and state regulations (e.g. FDA, DOT, OSHA) regarding the transport and handling of hazardous and biohazardous materials.
* Accurately compiles ordered medication, supplies, equipment and associated documentation in preparation for delivery; obtains cross-check to ensure accuracy of compiled order. Identifies and reports potential inventory/delivery problems to supervisor and initiates actions to resolve.
* Organizes delivery routing to meet therapy and patient schedules while maximizing cost-efficiency. Communicates with dispatch regarding status of delivery route. Completes all documentation required for delivery of supplies and products. Ensures delivery tickets are signed and dated properly.
* Discreetly delivers and/or picks up medications, supplies and equipment to/from patients' homes and other locations as needed. Delivers controlled substances in a safe and accountable manner.
* Stores/packages medications, supplies and equipment appropriately to preserve product integrity and driver safety during transport. Stores medications appropriately in the home and removes outdated items. Assists patients with the set-up of their equipment and supplies.
* Orders, receives and maintains pharmacy supplies within established pars, rotates supply inventories so that products with oldest expiration dates are used first. Cleans and calibrates infusion pumps and poles per manufacturer guidelines.
* Participates in competency assessment program and successfully demonstrates compliance with the standards of performance identified. Attends all required inservices annually. Observes all Company safety rules and regulations.
* Performs on-call responsibilities as scheduled per department requirements.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
* The employee may be required to push/pull 10lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 160 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a typical warehouse work environment.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required. One (1) year experience in Warehouse/Distribution/Inventory and Healthcare preferred. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule and have the ability to travel in assigned territory as needed. Must have valid driver's license and maintain a driving record which meets company's standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of geography serviced by the Pharmacy, traffic patterns and drive times.
* Detailed understanding of delivery time commitments.
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirement.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with patients and branch departments.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret operational logistics functions appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and contribute toward valid conclusions.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.