Delivery Helper - Portland
Columbia Distributing is one of the nation's largest malt beverage, wine and non-alcoholic distributors. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what are really important--quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customers' needs. And we succeed because of the enthusiasm and dedication our employees bring to their jobs every day. Whether it's their dedication to our customers, their dedication to the communities we serve, or their dedication to each other--it's the people who work here that make it such a great place to work.
When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and services. We are hardworking, dedicated, men and women who have set out to become the nation's top distributor.
1. Assist delivery driver on assigned route, delivering and merchandising company's products in a safe, timely and professional manner.
2. Ride with drivers or follow daily schedule as outlined by manager.
3. Assist with working product to the shelf or back-stock area per accounts' needs.
4. Rotate all company's product according to company standards.
5. Provide excellent customer service to all assigned accounts.
6. Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others you come into contact with through your job.
7. Adhere to and follow all company policies, procedures and governmental regulations.
8. Adhere to all state liquor laws and regulations.
9. Complete all other tasks or projects as assigned.
10. Demonstrate behaviors consistent with those of the Company's Core Values at all times.
* High School diploma or GED required
* Minimum of 18 years of age
* Maintain valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
* Previous merchandising or grocery experience
* Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
* Effective organizational and time management skills
* Strong communication skills
1. Lift/carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 165 lbs.
2. Push/pull up to 165 lbs.
3. Bend/Stoop/Crouch/Squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled