Delphi Developer 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SRI Tech, a fast growing IT staffing and solutions firm, is seeking a Delphi Developer for our client in Detroit, MI.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work individually and on a team to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements analysis and documentation, design, development, testing and support. Responsible for individually completing small to large projects as well as playing a project leadership role on projects with multiple resources.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Take programming projects through to completion according to project standards and user satisfaction. Responsible for the delivery of small to large projects. Lead medium sized projects with one or more additional resources through to completion. Perform task breakdown, task allocation among available resources, provide guidance to resources and ensure the whole team succeeds. Projects may support multiple departments and Ilitch-owned companies.
* Assist in prioritizing projects and competing user requests. Work individually and as a team with business unit leaders to define and document requirements and obtain formal sign-offs. Provide analytical and problem solving expertise to resolve business and systems issues. Proactively identify and provide recommendations on solutions for gaps in business processes and systems.
* Develop and ensure team develops software following corporate standards for, the design, development, testing, and support of software, systems, and applications.
* Provide supervisory oversight to LCE developers as well as external resources located locally or off-shore. Assist all developers in producing excellent quality code with a focus on stability, scalability, security and maintainability.
* Conduct formal design and code reviews for others' work.
* Coordinate with QA in the development of integration test plans, test conditions, and expected test results.
* Work with end users to understand requests or discuss alternatives.
* Work individually and with a project team to resolve system issues and respond to suggestions for improvements.
* Provide support individually for production applications including on-call afterhours support on a rotational basis. Ensure team is providing outstanding support and continuously develops and maintain support documentation.
* Mentor less-experienced developers in problem solving, software development, corporate processes and practices. Cross-training fellow colleagues.
* Develop estimates for completion of programming projects and in developing formal project plans for individual and team projects. Work with junior developers on developing estimates and plans.
* Keep pace with business trends, standards, and best practices in area of expertise, contributing to continuous improvement for the department and overall.
* Participates in systems evaluation and vendor selection processes.
* Begin to develop a solid understanding of business operations and needs.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 7+ years professional experience in and demonstrated expertise in two or more of the following technologies:
* Demonstrated knowledge of advanced programming techniques.
* 3+ years' experience developing software in a formal Software Development Life Cycle.
* Experience using formal software management and source control tools such as Team Foundation Server, Aldon, SVN, or Git.
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to find creative solutions to solve problems while staying within practice guidelines.
* Self-motivated, curious, creative and passionate about technology.
* Very strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills that effectively articulates complex technical concepts to a diverse and, at times, non-technical audience at all levels in the organization.
* Experience developing formal estimations for project completion.
* Experience playing a leadership role on a software development project.
* Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
* Effective organizational, time management, facilitation and prioritization skills
* Knowledge of technology trends particularly in the QSR industry.