Demand Planner - ReqCode 16000E6K
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescriptionThe Demand Planner is a key position responsible for accurately forecasting demand across a select merchandise category.
As part of the Merchandise Planning, Allocation/Replenishment organization the Demand Planner is highly cross-functional, engaging in key aspects of the sales planning process including forecasting, consensus, reporting and analysis activities. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills and business acumen, positive business influence skills, exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail, and can navigate ambiguous information in a demanding environment. The ideal candidate will bring 1-3 years' experience generating and managing plans/ forecasts, conducting analyses and presenting recommendations.
* Build and manage accurate demand forecasts for merchandise across banners within a multi-level forecasting hierarchy; requires analyzing current business trends, historical data, evaluating statistical forecast models.
* Evaluate impact of business strategy on the forecast including product placement, various promotion types, seasonality, etc.; recommend demand forecast adjustments
* Achieve consensus on demand forecasts by facilitating recurring meetings with Demand management and key cross-functional partners; collaborate with partners to understand supply chain implications of forecast changes
* Develop and cultivate effective relationships with business partners to ensure proper support for recommended actions. Communicate needs to achieve all business objectives.
* Prepare and present analysis to Management and partners including historical performance and business factors/intelligence which contribute to forecast development.
* Strong statistical/analytical skills with the ability to translate business analysis into strategy recommendations.
* Work on process improvement teams and cross-functional initiatives.
* Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
1-3 years of experience in Demand Planning, Retail Merchandise Planning, Replenishment Buyer
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://dsg.contacthr.com/50501811.jpg