Demand Planner 9/2/2016
Transamerican Auto Parts
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEMAND PLANNER
TRANSAMERICAN AUTO PARTS is a multi-national, multi-channel distributor (retail, Wholesale, e-commerce and catalog) of aftermarket automotive parts as well as a manufacturer of several branded product lines. We are looking for an EXPERIENCED DEMAND PLANNER to join our team!
The DEMAND PLANNER will be positioned in a highly visible Supply Chain role responsible for developing and executing Demand Plans through collaboration with other members of the Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Support Teams.
This opportunity will be located at our CORPORATE OFFICE IN COMPTON, CA in the GREATER LOS ANGELES AREA.
* Develops unconstrained demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function;
* Reviews historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results;
* Assists in cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions;
* Interacts with Sales and Brand Managers to understand key demand forecast drivers;
* Utilizes a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Brand Managers, and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
* Identifies variance between various plans and provide recommendations to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities;
* Collaboratively establish, monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); Deliver against KPIs, including forecast accuracy;
* Analyzes and improves forecast accuracy; effectively determine sources of error and implement appropriate improvement plans;
* Provides input to the Supply Planning department in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs;
* Works with special events planning to assist in inventory planning and sales analysis;
* Assists with the implementation of demand planning software;
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field. APICS certified preferred;
* Must have Demand planning or Forecasting experience;
* 2+ years in a high volume automotive/retail goods/consumer durable goods industry;
* Strong analytical, problem solving skill and knowledge of modern best practice methods;
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment;
* Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently
* Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt;
* Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts;
* Knowledge of SAP/APO, Logility, Avercast, Demantra or other demand planning software solutions;
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment;
* Microsoft Office proficiency (including Outlook; Word; Excel and PowerPoint);
In addition to a great compensation plan, we offer a wide range of benefits, including: medical vision plan; 401(k) Plan; paid holidays; paid vacation; paid sick time; employee purchase program; and many other perks.
PLEASE PROVIDE SALARY HISTORY AND CURRENT SALARY EXPECTATIONS
NOTE: RESUMES RECEIVED WITHOUT SALARY HISTORY MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED
Transamerican Auto Parts is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud of our diverse employee population. Employment offers include a requirement for successful completion of a background investigation, and pre-employment drug screening. We use E-Verify to determine employment eligibility for all new employees. E-Verify is a joint effort among employers, the U.S. Social Security Administration ("SSA") and U.S. Department of Homeland Security ("DHS").