Demand Planning / Forecast Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAuto req ID
Demand Planning / Forecast Analyst
Papyrus-Recycled Greetings (PRG) is seeking a Junior Level Demand Planning / Forecast Analyst to join the Operations team in our downtown Chicago office.
Job Functions Include:
Develop detailed US Greeting Card Division and Canadian demand forecasts, in dollars and SKUs by holiday, for assigned categories.
Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
Collaborate cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and finance to understand forecast drivers.
Work with Sales and Strategic Account Management (SAM) teams to incorporate initiatives and new business to plan.
*This position works primarily in excel building formulas, inputting and managing data, manipulating data, creating own templates for analysis, creating future sales scenarios, etc
Plan project base business and special events for top chains and all other accounts.
Prepare schedules and analyses to support and explain the estimates, quantifying opportunities and risks.
Determine appropriate analyses to explain actual results vs plan and prior year.
Prepare ad hoc estimates and special projects, develop new approaches and recommend changes to current methods.
*Seasonal order allocations, order system specification setup, and order review.
* Develop detailed US Greeting Cards Division (NAGCD) and Canadian SKU and financial gross sales plan by holiday, monthly updates, and ad hoc estimates.
* Design and perform forecast modeling for programs and chains.
* Translate high-level initiatives and strategies into reasonable timing and incorporate into the estimate with other known events and base business.
* Coordinate with Supply Planning on production needs for existing and new SKUs by holiday.
* Report weekly, monthly, and annual information as the basis for the above. Monitor actual gross sales results by product category and by major chain.
* Develop methods to reasonably estimate and track major account gains/losses, marketing and chain initiatives, special events, and base business using multiple data sources.
* Manage steps in forecast including modeling, SKU allocation, product assortment recommendations, and order management.
* Monitor in season sales and manage replenishment orders.
* Develop analyses and schedules that become part of the Monthly Business Unit Reviews to the Senior Team.
* Investigate and explain actual dollar, pieces, or average price sold variances to Plan and prior years.
* Complete special analyses as requested by Finance, Product, Merchant, and Sales to understand history or project possible future outcomes.
* Communicate information with the multiple business units lead and attend regular meetings to determine information and reporting to help prepare forecasts, understand results, and aid business units in decision making.
The ideal candidate will have 1 - 2 years relevant experience in Demand Planning/ Finance / Buyer / Operations Management / Supply Chain / Sales Analysts.
Very strong Excel Skills required: Including creating formulas with excel functions, custom pivot tables, IF statements, Vlookups,
Understanding in forecasting methods, and its financial and operational impacts
Exposure to collaboration and alignment across multiple business functions
Experience working with mass data and analysis
Other additional knowledge of Statistics, Marketing, Sales, Inventory Management, and Quantitative PC Tools
Bachelor Degree is required.
American Greetings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment including harassment based on sexual orientation will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.