Department Coordinator/OR/ Per Diem 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Department Coordinator is a professional whose primary responsibility is the coordination of activities essential to the effective functioning of the Operating Room.
* (S)he acts as the central contact person for the OR, performs billing, payroll, administrative support, clerical duties, orders forms, office supplies and other supplies for the unit, is an expert user of the Epic, Kronos, and PeopleSoft systems.
* (S)he works closely with the Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, and Pod Coordinators to meet the needs of the unit.
* (S)he works closely and collaboratively with the Department of Anesthesiology and Central Scheduling to meet the demands of the daily schedule. (S)he works collaboratively with other health care providers/ facilitates inter-departmental communication, and assists staff in coordinating the efforts of all disciplines.
* This individual is also responsible for providing administrative support to the management team of Peri-operative Services.
* High School graduate or equivalent experience
* 3-5 years secretarial experience preferred
* CPR training required