This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF POSITION: Position oversees one or more specific business areas of the retail location. Supports store leadership by ordering product, including supervising, training and development of employees as well as developing merchandising strategies for areas of responsibility.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Supports management team and store staff in delivering sales and customer service at the retail location.
2. Conducts inventory, builds displays, independently opens and closes the location.
3. Complies with Southern States Way and Customer Service Standards.
4. Supervises employees under key responsibility areas of the location, and may have greater supervisory responsibilities over multiple areas based on discretion of manager.
5. Assists in development and training of employees.
6. Independently resolves customer issues and special requests.
7. Partners with store management team to implement new product introductions, discount old inventory, and develops creative displays to move excess inventory.
8. Be familiar with operation of all equipment at the store location.
9. Attend and lead employee and safety meetings; build positive rapport with co-workers and customers.
10. Contacts Product Support and Vendor Support groups to answer questions and find out product information for customers and coworkers.
11. Attend Local Board meetings when requested by the manager.
12. Responsible to lead circular prep and tear down. Work with Store Management to plan and execute local store events.
13. Develop programs to achieve budgeted sales plan.
14. On-farm sales calls when requested.
15. Answer phones in compliance with company standards
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree or experience in a related retail environment
- Must possess strong presentation and communication skills
- Must possess skills in Microsoft Office and Windows based programs
- Further progression in the management job group frequently requires relocation
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 to 100 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. Job requires contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.