Deputy Chief Risk Officer 8/9/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our Client, a global bank is seeking their The Deputy Chief Risk Officer (the "DCRO"). He /she will assist the Chief Risk Officer in developing, implementing and managing the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management program and ensuring that the Bank operates within the approved Risk tolerances and the annual Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing ("DFAST") submission. In this capacity, the Deputy Chief Risk Officer will develop ERM tools, including systems, policies and processes to identify, analyze, report and mitigate enterprise risks. The incumbent will evaluate the adequacy of related risk identification, measurement, monitoring and control systems within the Bank.
The Deputy Chief Risk Officer reports administratively to the Bank's Chief Risk Officer. In this capacity, the DCRO is responsible for oversight of existing and emerging risks, and formulating and enacting appropriate risk management techniques to improve internal controls that address the impact of risk upon the Bank's capital, earnings, ratings and reputation. The DCRO will be primarily responsible for the development and implementation of risk oversight systems and a risk management reporting framework. The DCRO participate in the Bank's Risk Management committee, presenting new risk management policies and processes and providing risk management reports and analysis to Committee members. The DCRO chairs the Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
The DCRO is also responsible for management and administration of the Bank's online policies and procedures library and acts as the central information source and gatekeeper for maintaining, updating, and distributing Bank policies.
The incumbent supervises the Policies scope of work may include documentation of internal models and documentation of policies and procedures related to the DFAST process.
10. Serve as a back-up to the CRO as liaison with regulatory authorities for safety and soundness, compliance and other examinations. Assist in the resolution of issues identified in regulatory examination reports and address other actions required of the Bank by regulators as needed.
11. Create a process for Bank policy approval, revisions and updates; ensure new/revised policies submitted follow an established standard format.
12. Ensure the integrity and history of Bank policy by maintaining reliable archives. When requested, provide Regulators historic information on Bank policy and how the integrity is established and maintained.
13. Identify gaps, inconsistencies or conflicts with existing policies and take appropriate action to correct.
14. Coordinate or lead varying scope risk related projects. Manage multiple projects concurrently.
* Provide Risk direction and expertise to the CEO and Business Management team by working with business-level Risk teams; maintain strong relationships with regulators, especially OCC Education: A Bachelor's degreepreferred. Masters or other advanced degree a plus.
* Experience: 10-15years of experience in bank operations is required. This experience should include a base of work in areas of the Bank such as lending, operations, branch operations and control functions; dedicated risk management experience a plus.
* BILINGUAL FLUENCY, I.E. BUSINESS LEVEL IN ENGLISH AND CHINESE
* Skills/Ability: Exposure to marketing and strategic planning areas of banking. Thorough knowledge of banking operations. Working knowledge of bank information technology systems and controls. Working knowledge of lending and credit risk management. Working knowledge of bank legal and regulatory compliance guidelines and regulations. Working knowledge and understanding of investments and investment strategies and vehicles available to financial institutions. Working knowledge of bank accounting. Through knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley. Knowledge of DFAST process and fundamentals of model governance and related topics. Demonstrated ability to work with teams of managers and others, including external parties, to accomplished shared goals in a project environment. Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of oral and written communications and interpersonal relations skills. Professional level skills in proposal and publications development. The ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists
Location: Metro New York