Deputy Global Privacy Officer - Senior Counsel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
Willis North America Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPUTY GLOBAL PRIVACY OFFICER - SENIOR COUNSEL
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson
Willis Towers Watson is seeking an experienced Deputy Global Privacy Officer to join its growing privacy team. The successful candidate should be comfortable working with cross-functional business teams and external parties to assist the Company with data privacy compliance. The candidate will assist the Global Chief Privacy Officer in maintaining the Company s Global Privacy Program and act as the primary privacy officer for the Company s Exchange Solutions business, including activities related to the confidentiality, access, use, and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). The candidate will also be responsible for implementing global training and awareness programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist the Global Chief Privacy Officer with all aspects of the Company s Global Privacy Program.
* Act as the Company s primary privacy officer for its Exchange Solutions business.
* Timely and effectively provide practical privacy compliance advice throughout the organization.
* Implement Company-wide global training and awareness programs.
* Conduct periodic privacy risk assessments.
* Assist the business with key privacy and data protection objectives.
* Work with cross functional teams (client development, sales, strategy, marketing, IT, HR, finance, etc.) to achieve business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Legal, Business or Risk Management background required. J.D. preferred.
* CIPP preferred.
* Outstanding academic credentials.
* At least 7 years of work experience (business experience and/or in-house legal experience in a professional services or financial services firm is a plus), and at least 3-4 years in a leadership role as a privacy officer or privacy counsel with a global company.
* Prior experience with HIPAA compliance and implementing global privacy training and awareness programs.
* In-depth knowledge of current and global privacy laws, regulations, and frameworks.
* Working knowledge of management of an effective privacy program, including policy and process requirements.
* Thorough knowledge of government agency work plans and changes related to the privacy and security of health information.
* Must be a business oriented team player, with a desire and ability to learn about the company s various businesses and understand the business operations and legal needs.
* Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to think critically and spot issues.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with excellent judgment regarding when to elevate issues.
* Ability to summarize key compliance issues and alternatives for executive decisions.
* Results-focused; able to work in fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
* Self- starter and independent/strategic thinker.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis Towers Watson is publicly traded on the NASDAQ (WLTW). Additional information on Willis may be found on its web site: www.willistowerswatson.com.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.