Deputy Project Manager - Facilities 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Deputy Project Manager - Facilities
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Deputy Project Manager in Herndon, VA. *** This position is eligible for a $10k sign-on bonus, if an external candidate is hired into this role. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists the PM in preparing quarterly financial forecasts and monthly updates. Ensures that the contract is managed in a manner that meets all contractual requirements and financial goals.
* With the assistance of a Chief Engineer and Chief Electrician , leads a team of technical employees. responsible for maintaining a strong, trained and disciplined workforce.
* Assists in managing overall operations of the contract, including: the performance of daily operations, scheduled maintenance; IDIQ construction and renovations; administration of subcontracts for facilities work.
* Evaluates and ensures the efficient operation of the project, controlling operational expenses at a minimum level that is consistent with sound maintenance practices and contractual requirements.
* Provide administrative and technical direction and supervision to staff in completing work assignments.
* Administers the negotiation and bids for IDIQ construction and renovation contracts; and managing same contracts.
* Plans and delegates major project assignments to supervisory staff; determine building and maintenance priorities that are of significant scope.
* In consultation with the Regional Manager makes recommendations concerning the hiring, promotion and termination of plant staff.
* Advises, and informs client facilities staff members on mechanical/electrical system issues and problem areas.
* Ensures proper upkeep of facilities to include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, sanitation, general appearance of buildings and emergency situations affecting the facilities.
* Coordinates purchase of necessary supplies, equipment and services from appropriate sources and maintains proper inventory control, maintenance and consumable supplies.
* Maintains liaison with architects, engineers and contractors/ subcontractors engaged in renovation, or other major projects.
* Maintains sufficient records, files, controls, and procedures to insure management and work production.
* Develops training schedules for employees.
* Maintains a strong safety program.
* Bachelor s Degree Preferred, in Engineering, or Business Management with a minimum of five years recent supervisory management experience including responsibility for all aspects of equipment operations and alterations, engineering and maintenance staff, subcontractors and customer relations.
* The incumbent must have knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel; a through understanding of preventive maintenance schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements.
* CMMS experience required.
* CFM experience preferred.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled