Deputy Program Manager
POSITION: Deputy Program Manager
LOCATION: Morgantown, WV
JOB ID: 1770
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on project excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & non-profit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
* Serve as the primary interface when the Program Manager is unavailable and point of contact with senior (VP/COO level) government authorities on program and technical issues
* Help with providing program oversight and proactively manage program financials, schedules, solution delivery, and solution quality and performance measurement
* Work with Program manager to develop and communicate strategies, goals, and objectives as well as program status and/or health, plans and schedules to both government and internal audiences
* Provide consulting and communications support to all levels of government clients
* Manage program risks and conditions, develop mitigation strategies, and manage client expectations and satisfaction
* Apply and champion OST Solution Delivery, Project Management, Configuration Management and Quality Assurance SOPs and best practices
* Mange requirements and ensure commitments, and changes to commitments resulting from the requirements, are negotiated to the satisfaction of government stakeholders
* Provide management oversight of all program personnel ensuring that integrated software and hardware solutions are provided that meet the customer's needs
* Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and be accountable for their assigned tasks.
* Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the program
* Bachelor degree in a technical or related discipline
* PMP Certification
* At least 7-10 years of progressive experience in managing contracts / tasks with at least 5 years at the Deputy Program Manager level within the federal government market while managing 25 or more individuals in complex Information Technology environments, and serving multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
* Managed Infrastructure (data center operations, networking, disaster recovery, security) projects
* Experience with SDLC (application development, business intelligence) projects
* Experience working with Governance, PMO, CMMI, ITIL, and ISO methodologies
* Strong customer presence
* Highly collaborative with ability to work extended teams
* Federal government contracting experience
* US Citizenship required
This is a full-time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.