Deputy Project Director IT Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Optimal Solutions and Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Deputy Project Director IT Operations
LOCATION: McLean, VA
JOB ID: 1763
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
The Deputy Project Director IT Operations (DPDIO) is a senior leadership position responsible for the
Overall IT operations management of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) activities during transition and throughout the life of the contract.
Planning, monitoring, and controlling IT contractual deliverables and work products, participate as a member of the Change Control Board (CCB), provide IT audit support, and ensure quality governance. He/she will provide oversight of the migration as well as the annual testing of disaster recovery and COOP. The DPDIO will also ensure that all applicable standards and policies are followed to provide configuration management over system and application changes.
The DPDIO will work with FEMA, NITC, and CSC to transition SOR systems and responsibilities. In this capacity the DPDIO will be the primary IT contact to these organizations, providing reporting of status, and raise issues and risks. To facilitate this responsibility the DPDIO must establish and nurture strong relationships with the leaders of our partner and client organizations.
* Strong leadership skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated these skills through a history of leading large IT projects, managing large staffs, and examples of speaking and written accomplishments.
* Familiar with various development methodologies and disciplines.
* PMP certification
* ITIL certification.
* US Citizen
* Primary NFIP-SS conduit to the FEMA OCIO
* First-line IT interface with the FEMA PMO for coordinating business changes (change requests) to the NFIP
* Primary IT contact for NFIP-SS contract with oversight: OIG, GAO, etc.
* Presents issues, risks and mitigation to the client
* Leads the IT Team
* Manages workload and workflow to the team managers
* Tracks and reports on progress and issues
* Responsible for IT schedules and activities
* Escalates issues to Project Director, OST Executives, and FEMA as appropriate
* Planning Provides input into the Program Management Plan (PMP)
* Coordinates Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations Testing
* Ensures compliance with CMMI L5, and ITIL processes and all FEMA and appropriate government standards
* Change Management
* Risk Management
* Resource Management
* Quality Management
* Stakeholder Communication
* WYO Companies and DSA
* External Trading Partners (Fish and Wildlife, Communities, State and Local Governments, DHS Customs & Border Patrol (CBP), LeapFrog, etc.)
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.