Design Applications Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Perkins + Will
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
lang=\\"en\\" dir=\\"ltr\\" prefix=\\"content: http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/ dc: http://purl.org/dc/terms/ foaf: http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ og: http://ogp.me/ns# rdfs: http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema# sioc: http://rdfs.org/sioc/ns# sioct: http://rdfs.org/sioc/types# skos: http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core# xsd: http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#\\"
Design Applications Manager
Are you committed to design excellence*
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration*
Do you have a passion for sustainability*
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship*
If yes, join us in changing the work through design! Perkins+Will seeks a Design Applications Manager (DAM) in our Atlanta, GA Office. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, self-motivated, and collaborative leader capable of engaging effectively with project
teams, office leadership, and the Perkins+Will s firmwide Digital Practice group. The Design Applications Manager will balance efforts between assisting project teams and providing technology support and training. The position requires expertise in the firm's
design applications (software), a solid foundation in all phases of architectural practice, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
Specific project-related responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building Information Model (BIM) setup and project technology planning
- Assisting teams with BIM execution plans and general technology planning, protocols, or workflows
- Quality Assurance with project teams to maintain BIM quality and fidelity, adherence to BIM plans, to firm-wide modeling and information standards, and ensure continuity of information across applications.
- Implementation of effective information management among project teams and consultants General technical support responsibilities include:
- Coordination with firm wide design technology group with regard to adoption of firmwide practices
- Training of teams and individuals within the office in the operation of design applications.
- Coordination of applications support with our IT infrastructure group and firmwide Helpdesk.
As a Design Application Manager, you should have:
- High-level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit in architectural production, including the ability to administer, install, configure, and set up the application.
- Demonstrated experience supporting Autodesk Revit, and a general aptitude and comfort level with training and technical support, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- The ability to learn and transition between applications in Perkins+Will s design technology suite, including Newforma, Autocad, 3DStudioMAX Design, Navisworks, SketchUp, Rhino, and others.
- Undergraduate degree (architecture preferred) and 5+ years of experience in an architectural/interiors/planning or similar practice environment
- A general familiarity with design visualization and environmental analysis applications
- Some experience in computational design and application customization through programming/scripting
- LEED Accreditation and professional licensure preferred
- Strong communication skills EOE