Design Engineer I/II - Hybrid Electric Motors
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Duties:
* Participate with Hitachi US & Japan Design Engineering organizations in the design / validation / production launch activities of hybrid electric motor products.
* Create and / or oversee creation of component and assembly 3-D CAD models, along with related 2-D manufacturing drawings.
* Facilitate accurate & timely program technical communication between OEM customers, Japan design teams and related manufacturing sites.
* Participate as a member of a motor program global & local US cross functional teams providing needed product design technical support functions.
* Provide as needed on-site support to the internal Motor manufacturing sites for various engineering duties.
* Support various types of product pricing, quoting and cost investigation activities.
* Prepare various types of technical data / information documents through the use of industry standard PC based software programs ( ex: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Soild works,
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Possess at min. a bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering studies or a related technical field.
- Have some level of practical experience and demonstrated accomplishments using 2D & 3-D CAD modeling programs
- PARTICIPATE IN SPECIFIC HYBRID ELECTRIC MOTOR DESIGN ENGINEERING SKILLS TRAINING IN HITACHINAKA, JAPAN AREA FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR.
- Work in the Farmington Hills, MI. office location once the Japan training period is completed.
- Travel as needed to HIAMS Japan or other sites to support Motor program objectives.
- Demonstrate fluent English communication, strong initiative / motivation and problem solving skills in a turbulent environment.
- Demonstrate ability to use various PC based programs to create / modify / present various types of data & information.
The ideal candidate is preferred to:
- Have some level of practical experience and demonstrated accomplishments using Solid works 3-D CAD program.
- Have some time working for an automotive / industrial related company in the capacity of a product design engineer or similar position.
- PERFORM INITIAL HIRE 6 MO. DESIGN ENG. & HYBRID MOTOR INTRODUCTORY TRAINING AT THE COMPANY MOTOR PRODUCTION FACILITY IN BEREA, KY.
- Have experience interfacing with suppliers and customers to explain technical documents/drawings /information.
- Demonstrate success at leading an organized team or group in the scope identification and / or completion of a school / work place project.
- Introduction level to some experience using CAE software programs for performance simulation of materials / components / assemblies.