Design Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Engineering staff and are looking for a talented Product Development Engineer II to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead the design engineering of new and existing connector and terminal products from concept to production.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Leads design efforts in developing new connectors and terminals following all Product Development Phases required to bring concepts into production with supervision from Project Engineers, Engineering Supervisor and Manager. Prepare presentation material for design reviews and customer meetings.
* Develops Technical Assumptions and Requirements documentation that provides an outline for project scope. Develops and updates Design FMEA. Responsible for design/product validation plan and report. Supports cross-functional feasibility reviews of new products.
* Prepares information such as design concepts at design reviews, competitions, and at meetings with customers. Participates in customer s Product Design Team meetings. Provides team and customers with regular status updates. Provides technical support to customers both internal and external. Responds to questions/requests in a timely manner. Problem solving and troubleshooting in the reliability lab, over the phone or at the customer location.
* Confirms product design intent. Performs/Reviews stack studies and other analyses required from the DFMEA to reduce and eliminate failure modes from designs before tool release. Checks manufacturing drawings for completeness and accuracy. Performs engineering tests and submits products for screen and qualification testing in the reliability lab.
* Coordinates new product development, debug and release. Follows all product development steps, supplies tooling groups with necessary drawings for quoting and tool build. Assists and supports manufacturing in the debug process. Responsible for follow-up, documentation, publishing and expediting all action items of a new product program.
* Prepares and follows engineering change requests (ECR) per document control procedures. Supports other engineers in department by checking drawings and provides mark-up for corrections.
* Produces suitable manufacturing drawings that follow the Molex Drawing Standard and employs accepted GD&T methodology.
* Interfaces with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice. Also interfaces with suppliers and customers.
* Supports current product with continuous improvement and supports resolution of customer issues.
* Able to disposition products from measurement data.
* Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or equivalent science degree
* Three or more years of design and product development experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* CAD skills (2D and 3D)
* Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance studies, statistical analysis and FEA
* Design for Manufacturing/Assembly (DFM/DFA) Experience
* Problem solving skills using systematic tools (8D, fishbone, cause/effect diagrams)
* Knowledge of the Product development process
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills; experience with spreadsheets, presentation and Microsoft Office
* Ability to explain complex technical concepts to others