Design Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Design Engineer II at our facility located in Berea, KY. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the Engineering team. Using established standards and procedures, the Design Engineer II will perform assignments requiring basic education of engineering fundamentals, including: designing new products or making improvements to existing products; working on cost of componentry, systems, and phases of intermediately-sized projects, and having responsibility for support functions for internal or external engineering department interfaces.
Key accountabilities include:
* Design or test components or systems
* Review VIPs and development logs
* Assist in implementation of new product release and/or product changes
* Model parts in 3-D
* Select materials and processes with assistance from manufacturing engineers, purchasing, and immediate supervisor
* Prepare/release engineering change notices or support plant organization on product quality and UL certification
* Supervise and train assistants
* Formal Education - A.S. or B.S. Degree
* 1 - 3 years minimum experience
* CAD/CAM experience
Berea, Kentucky, is a vibrant city centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and is best known for its art festivals, historic restaurants and buildings, and the home to Berea College, a private Liberal Arts College. Berea is situated in southern Madison County, located within 30 miles south of the Horse Capital of the World, Lexington, Kentucky. Lexington has a population over 305,000 and is the second-largest city in Kentucky.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.