Design Engineer - St. Louis, MO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Overview:
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
For over a century, Hubbell Killark manufactures electrical equipment for use in Harsh and Hazardous environment.
Our products are certified for global use, providing our clients Reliable Electrical Solutions for all their applications.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It s this talent that we consider to be our company s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
Hubbell Killark offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! We also offer great opportunities for Professional development and training: Leadership Development Program, Project management training, Six Sigma training, Toastmasters and more!
When you work for Hubbell Killark, you can expect an environment where your expertise will make a real change to our business , merging the company s success with that of your own.
Under minimal supervision, responsible for Product Design, Product Maintenance, technical documentation, assist Sales with technical needs, Quality and Safety. Lead the initiatives for the NPD process, Configurable products, and provides engineering support to Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Lead the initiatives for NPD process excellence. Full ownership of the NPD process and associated reporting.
* Engineering Drawings
* Responsible for production drawings as well any other drawing needs.
* Respond to Customer requests for drawings and/or 3D models.
* Configurable products
* Lead the efforts of the program when a new request is initiated.
* Coordinate drawing projects with Hubbell-India.
* Must have a general understanding all engineering work procedures.
* Initiates purchase requisitions but approval is given by management.
* Work closely with Sister Company Engineering Groups, Operations, Sales, Quality and Materials Management.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree; Engineering preferred
* 1-2 years related experience and/or training
* Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Proficient in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.