Design Engineer - Wadsworth, OH 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business failure is not an option. So we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity. And it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This role will be responsible for design of new products or redesign of existing products and leading & coordinating all technical aspects of HV (High Voltage) / EHV (Extra High Voltage) substation or distribution and transmission arrester projects.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform CAD modeling and detail drawings, assist in patent searches, do necessary calculations, select materials, determine and coordinate tests, review and analyze costs, and solve design related problems
* Demonstrate a broad knowledge of processes and develop awareness of all current manufacturing processes
* Interface with customers and provide technical assistance when required, develop familiarity with applicable industry standards, and increase understanding of utility practices
* Evaluate and implement cost improvement actions as necessary
* Contribute ideas for design projects (both new and revised) and recommend new uses for existing products
* Collaborate with manufacturing on product design, tooling development, and manufacturing processes for assigned projects, and assist pilot runs and first article inspections
* Recommend and implement corrective actions for deviations, PPIs, suggestions, variation orders, ECRs and drawing changes, and serve on Change Control Board as assigned
* Develop proficiency in use of Inventor , AutoCad, , and PDM drawing management system
* Participate in or lead New Product Development efforts
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
* Bachelor s degree in Electrica or Mechanicall Engineering or related field with experience in designing or working with High Voltage Power Products, MS Electrical Engineering a plus
* 5 - 10 years of product design experience with electrical products.
* AutoCAD, ElecNet or other Electric Field Analysis software, and Inventor (3D experience preferred)
* Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and leadership skills
* Solid understanding of project management methodology
* Ability to develop detailed work plans, schedules and specifications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.