Design Leader - Workplace Interiors 15+ years experience
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 3/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONGensler Morristown was recently named by NJBiz Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey!
Our office is looking for a Senior Interior Design Leader for Corporate Interiors studios. As an interior design leader at Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
* Lead the design effort with interior design teams on projects and provide team guidance and mentorship
* Assist in managing client expectations while realizing client goals and objectives
* Champion excellent team communication and consultant coordination as necessary to support the design effort
* Collaborate on commercial interiors projects, including programming client needs and developing programming reports; developing test fit plans, conceptual, schematic and design development; provide management oversight of budgets and schedules
* Develop finish and material selections
* Provide knowledge of local material resources, suppliers, etc.
* Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
* Participate in business development and marketing efforts
* 15+ years of experience as an interior designer, with a focus on commercial interiors
* Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
* Outstanding conceptual 3 dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills
* Proficient with Revit and other computer design programs such as AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, SketchUp, and InDesign
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
* Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field from an accredited school
Candidates who do not provide work samples AND do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
GENSLER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PARTICIPANT IN THE U.S. FEDERAL E-VERIFY PROGRAM. WOMEN, MINORITIES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.