Design Manager - Commercial Interiors
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESIGN MANAGER COMMERCIAL INTERIORS
At Gensler Newport Beach, we help companies innovate. We design spaces, services and environments for organizations seeking new ways to provide value for themselves by fostering healthier, more effective workplaces. We are searching for an experienced design manager with a successful track record of managing all phases of corporate interiors projects and leading multiple projects at the same time.
Job Overview: Responsible for managing commercial interiors projects. A Design Manager at Gensler works with autonomy to be responsible for execution of a variety of project types and sizes and will lead all phases of projects. He or she will be involved in all phases of the project delivery and must have a working knowledge of this process with the ability to deliver the successful completion of a project. A Design Manager will work/interact with and mentor junior staff to encourage a high level of design and ensure client satisfaction through being the main point of contact for the client in all work produced.
* Act as lead design manager for a variety of project types
* Participate during all phases of project delivery
* Develop project schedules, budgets, and work plans
* Interface with client, contractor, agencies, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
* Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and consultant agreements
* Review internal project accounting documents and process draft project billing
* Participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews
* Manage project teams, assign and monitor completion of tasks
* Mentor junior staff
* Participate in the coordination and document preparation for projects and provide quality assurance via review of project documentation
* Other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* 5-10 Years of Design Management experience working on corporate interior projects
* Knowledge and experience in all phases of interior design / architectural projects
* Ability to provide excellent client service and assure project profitability
* Understanding of Commercial Real Estate process as it relates to commercial interior projects
* Desire to mentor junior staff
* Strong programming and space planning skills
* High level of design competence and expertise in FF&E
* Knowledge of state and local building codes including accessibility
* Computer savvy with moderate or better skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Project)
* Revit, SketchUp and Photoshop skills are a benefit
* Bachelor s Degree or higher in Interior Design or Architecture
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply.