Design Manager / Fire Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Design Manager will lead the Design department and assist in setting company wide design standards and benchmarks for fire sprinkler systems.
The position requires the ability to do design, coordinate design flow, support project management needs for commercial, industrial, and residential fire sprinkler systems.
* Build and mentor team of up to 10 designers to ensure Company exceeds customer commitments and remains a great place to work.
* Design fire sprinkler systems.
* Work with Account Executives and Project Managers to develop design, scope, material lists and schedule for assigned projects.
* Proactively manage project-related issues.
* Support project executives on large complex projects and assignments.
* Participate in weekly design / project management meetings to ensure seamless project implementation.
* Inspect buildings or building designs to determine fire Sprinkler protection system requirements and potential problems.
* Advise architects, builders, and other construction personnel on fire prevention equipment and techniques, and on fire code and standard interpretation and compliance.
* Prepare and write reports detailing specific fire sprinkler and protection issues such as work performed and proposed review schedules.
* Consult with authorities to discuss safety regulations and to recommend changes as necessary.
* Represent the organization to clients, the public, government, and other external sources as needed.
* Draft, lay out and specify technical devices, parts and equipment. Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used. Write product performance requirements.
* Think creatively. Part of the Company difference is providing clients with the most cost-effective design. Our design manager will provide a critical component of that difference.
* Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
* Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials.
* Demonstrate a proactive focus on meeting client and project requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all project management technology as required for assigned projects.
* Work closely with Client user groups in coordinating their specific requirements relative to design, construction and occupancy of their facilities.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
* Engineering degree preferred but will consider High School Diploma and equivalent experience.
* Design and management experience.
* Experience with AutoCAD, HydraCAD.
* NICET certification Level 3 is a requirement.
* Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize.
* Ability to lead a team and build consensus.
* Project management experience in helpful.
* Thorough knowledge of NFPA standards
* Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel.
* Good working knowledge of hydraulic calculations.
* Structures able to teach and review design best work and stock listing.
* Requires experience with Hydratec Fire Protection design software