Design Manager (Interiors)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesign Manager
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we re refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a Gensler Design Manager, you will leverage your attention to detail and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client projects on time and on budget. Grow your project management experience while working on trendsetting projects across industries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Manage all phases of corporate interiors projects, including project set-up, design and construction administration
* Create and communicate clear and attainable project objectives and project requirements
* Manage project scheduling, budgets, and set-up with sub-contractors, vendors and consultants
* Manage a range of project team sizes, comprised of project architects, interior designers, job captains and graphic designers
* Track financial performance of project
* Prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
* Ensure projects conform to contract
* 10-15 years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a project manager on a range of corporate interiors project types
* Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
* Experience leading, managing and mentoring multiple project teams
* Experience negotiating project scope and fees
* Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
* Proven fiscal accountability and responsibility on projects
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
* Revit skills are highly valued
* Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
* Professional degree in Architecture or Interior Design required
* AIA, NCIDQ or CID preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.