Design for Manufacturing Engineer (Anderson, SC Plant)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesign for Manufacturing Engineer (Anderson, SC Plant)
Position ID: req2560
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/21/2016
Lead the design verification activities in the development of essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and manufacturing professionals, test labs, and quality departments towards the launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototyping facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Candidate must be competent to perform the following activities:
* Receive and manage component and completed unit inventory for Design Verification Builds
* Track orders and receive shipments of components
* Maintain 5S kanban inventory with electronic tracking
* Maintain Build line reservation and planning documentation including:
* Clear to build documentation
* Line set up and configuration based upon product being prototyped
* Line calibration and pilot assessment
* Create build and maintain build schedule
* Verify inventory (incoming quantity, dimensional layout, etc.)
* Collect build data, analysis, and reporting for the following:
* Assembly time
* Comparison to design for assembly simulation time
* Build issues
* Defect Free Production/Not Right First Time
* Design changes and qualification (Design, Assembly, Complexity, Speed, Cost)
* Collect product development metric data, analysis, and reporting for the following:
* ECR/ECN approval time, rejections
* Engineering changes
* Product Development expenses
* Complexity reduction
* Product cost reduction
* Schedule variances
* BOM audit
* Continuous Improvement
* Suggest and implement best practices in Design Verification Line
* Suggest and implement best practices in product development process
* Product Development 5S and integration of EMS
* The successful candidate will be self-sufficient and carry out workload with minimal supervision
* Apply best design verification practices to ensure successful product introduction adhering to compliance and company standards, engineering and product line specification, and obsession for exceeding the customer and consumer s expectations.
The above accountabilities are the major skill sets needed in this new product development position to effectively verify the engineering design, execute and implement a project from inception through commercialized launch.
* Associates Degree (AS) in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering Technology with 4 years progressive experience in a manufacturing environment. A Bachelor s Degree (BS) in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Highly motivated individual that has a strong drive for results; communicates effectively both in written and verbal communication formats.
* Knowledge of production line setup, lean manufacturing, automation and metric setting and accounting
* Ability to track and report out on build quality
* Ability to create build plans, lead production trials, and manage inventory
* Ability to organize and prioritize work based upon project deliverables and schedule
* Experience with computer applications: MS Office applications and Lotus Notes: AutoCad, MS Project, and MS Visio preferred
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2014 Electrolux had sales of $14.4 billion and 60,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
Electrolux is a leading provider in the North American appliance market, and Electrolux Major Appliances North America is our second-largest business sector. With 14,000 people across North America, we have a solid understanding of American consumers needs and desires that allows us to provide innovative, thoughtfully designed products that help consumers create the well-lived homes they desire.