Designer (Associate/ Designer/ Senior/ Lead)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
DESIGNER (ASSOCIATE/ DESIGNER/ SENIOR/ LEAD)
JOB ID 20162938 DATE POSTED 09/13/2016 Description
Responsible for performing mechanical design activities related to capital projects for the transmission and distribution of natural gas including gate stations, compressor stations, metering stations, plant facilities, LNG plants, transmission mains, and associated SCADA instrumentation. Interface with other gas organizations and engineers to gather the information necessary to develop construction drawings in AutoCAD.
Detailed mechanical design to define mechanical requirements for upgrades to various gas facilities through the development of physical piping drawings, P&ID s, isometric drawings, pipe support details, and flow diagrams for gas projects including pipe selection.
Preparation of drawings for field mounted and panel mounted instruments and controls, such as, pressure and temperature transmitters, control valves, controllers, I/Ps, data recorders, and flow meters. Develop instrumentation installation drawings applying appropriate instrumentation details for mechanical cabinets and piping layouts.
Preparation of material lists, inventory requests, and specifications for mechanical components including piping, fittings, flanges, valves, meters, supports, mechanical equipment, instrumentation, etc.
Apply technical and industry codes, standards, and regulations as required to implement work assignments. Ensure that mechanical designs comply with industry codes and standards. Assist in obtaining necessary permits and meeting with government officials. Provide support during construction and start-up of projects and assistance to operating departments and engineers as required.
Walk down of systems to insure as-built status and perform historical as-built drawing revisions as required. Perform conceptual piping studies to evaluate the feasibility of proposed modifications to the various gas facilities. Perform and/or assist in cost estimating and coordination with equipment suppliers.
* Associate Degree in Engineering Science is preferred for Band E position. Four year engineering degree is required for consideration of a Band D grade. Applicants should have a minimum of five years experience in design and drafting of mechanical piping and electric systems and physical piping drawings.
* Excellent design skills utilizing AutoCAD are required.
* The applicant should also have previous gas design experience and knowledge of the functions of mechanical gas equipment, pipe stress analysis and electric design.
* Proficient communication skills and the ability to interface with others through all phases of a project.
* Knowledge of Federal DOT, New York State Codes, and applicable industry codes/standards related to the design for mechanical components for the Transmission and Distribution of natural gas preferred.
* Ability to file and retrieve drawings in TeamCenter document management system.
NOTE: Employees selected for this classification will be required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year round basis, after an accident and for reasonable cause.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 12, 2016, 11:00:00 PM