This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duties and Responsibilities
* Prepare layouts and basic design drawings and/or CAD models of new and improved products, subassemblies and components.
* Assist the Engineer in charge with the analysis of research and engineering problems.
* Work from general specifications to create original layouts of all but the most complex products.
* Design components such as die castings, plastic molded parts, sheet metal stampings and screw machine parts.
* Make detail drawings and/or CAD models of components and subassemblies.
* Perform dimensioning and tolerancing calculations. Understand and be able to apply geometric and form tolerance dimensioning.
* Assist in the acquisition and analysis of information and test data pertaining to research concepts, products, designs, subassemblies and components.
* From general information prepare drawings, product BOM's and Change Notices for release and/or change distribution.
* Analyze prototype and competitive tools and measure and record data and information for evaluation by Engineers. Perform some testing requiring little or no instrumentation.
* Actively participate in project team meetings.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Requires a technical Associate Degree and 1+ years of experience in designing, drafting and computer modeling and related technical assignments.
* Prior experience with the methods and materials used to manufacture power tools preferred.
* Must have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication.
* Strong mechanical design skills and ability to develop creative design solutions.
JNCODE: JN004, JN021