This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Location: 2801 80th Street, Kenosha, Wisconsin
Position Summary: Create CAD foam tool control layouts for individual products and standard or customer sets using CAD models or actual products. Works independently and effectively interfaces with various Product Management and other internal departments to produce final layouts. Prepare documentation to record model features.
* Creates individual foam tool layout drawings in CAD software from CAD models or actual products.
* Create layouts of standard or custom sets from individual foam tool control drawings.
* Works closely with Product Management, field personnel and vendors to gather necessary products and information for foam tool layouts.
* Run foam cutting equipment to prove out layout designs.
* Provides design/drafting support to sales field.
* Troubleshoots and problem solves for projects.
* Creates and maintains drawings, files and record logs.
* Prepares process documentation and reports using various PC software products, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* May train other designers for creating layouts.
* May train machine operators to safely and properly run foam cutting equipment.
* Recent 2-3 years minimum - CAD drafting and software experience. To include solids modeling.
* Strong command of geometric tolerance and dimensioning.
* Demonstrated ability to plan/schedule to meet peaks in customer demand.
* Ability to resolve customer issues and work well with all levels of associates and management.
* Technical two (2) year degree or equivalent experience in related field.
Skills: The following skills are required to be successful in this position.
* Ability to evaluate requirements, use good judgment in making decisions, meet deadlines and handle detail oriented work with precision.
* Capable of working independently.
* Solid PC skills required, including creating spreadsheets, word documents and generating reports using different types of software.
* Professional written/verbal communication skills, including communications to internal and external associates. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels in an organization.
* Capability to understand direction of organization and be able to support and communicate direction to others.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran