Designer - Workplace Interiors 10+ years experience 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Gensler s Morristown office is looking for a Senior Interior Designer for Corporate Interiors studios. As an interior designer at Gensler, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
* Lead interior design teams on projects
* Collaborate on commercial interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules
* Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
* Participate in selection of furniture systems and specifications
* Provide project team coordination for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
* Work with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
* Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
* Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
* Participate in business development and marketing efforts
* 10+ years of experience as an interior designer, with a focus on commercial interiors
* Strong knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
* Outstanding conceptual 3 dimensional thinking and graphic presentation skills
* Computer skills to include Revit as well as knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, in Design and Sketch Up.
* Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
* Bachelors degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field from an accredited school
Candidates who do not provide work samples AND do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.