This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DESKSIDE SUPPORT - DIRECT HIRE / FULL TIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: DURHAM, NC
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
* Image and configure laptops and desktops for distribution to onsite, remote users and special projects.
* Provide hardware, software, network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone, email, chat or remote support for customer's end users
* Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
* Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution
* Administer and provide User account provisioning.
* Use the ticketing system to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention's.
* Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders / incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
* Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps;
* Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
* Perform user account management activities
* Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists
* Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
* Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
* May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
* Participate in on-going training and departmental development
* Routine maintenance updates with other IT staff and business units
* Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagramsProvide knowledge transfer of End User Computing operation
* Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
* Hands-on work experience with the following Windows Operating systems Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
* Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
* ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center or service NOW
* Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
* MS Office Suite (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, MS Visio and Lync 2010/2013
* Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) Ability to troubleshoot and solve JAVA and Flash player issues.
* VPN and remote dial-in users
* Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
* iPhone and Android mobile device support
* Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like WinZip, etc.
* Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
* Good documentation skills
* Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and Visio)
* Should have a great customer handling skills
* Able to handle unforeseen situations
* High level of acceptance
* Can drive HCL's value and its methodology
OTHER SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
* Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support in person, over the phone or through remote connection.
* Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
* Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where all information is shared.
* Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times
* Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via pager during the week.
* Customer Focus
* Technical Expertise
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Concern for Order and Quality
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
* Relevant : 2 - 3 years of help desk, voice customer service, or support experience with problem solving involving hardware, software, and networks.
* Preferred COMP TIA A+/MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS or Cisco certification
* ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred
* Total: 3-4 yrs. of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)