Deskside Support 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for DESKSIDE SUPPORT for our client in OAKLAND, CA
JOB TITLE: DESKSIDE SUPPORT
JOB LOCATION: OAKLAND, CA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Image and configure laptops and desktops for distribution to onsite, remote users and special projects.
* Provide hardware, software, network problem diagnosis / resolution via telephone, email, chat or remote support for customer's end users
* Route problems to internal 2nd and 3rd level IT support staff.
* Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution. Administer and provide User account provisioning.
* Use the ticketing system to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention's. Responds to telephone calls, email, instant messages, and assigned tickets from users; Assign work orders / incidents to appropriate support teams and follow up until closure.
* Respond to, and diagnose, problems through discussions with users, including problem recognition, logs, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up steps; Provide level 1 remote desktop support and perform other activities based on SOPs
* Perform user account management activities and Escalate complex problem to appropriate support specialists Responsible for activities relating to the evaluation, analysis, and setup of PC-based software products (e.g., word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, database management systems, electronic mail, and communications)
* Troubleshoot client software and basic network connectivity problems
* Identify, evaluate and prioritize customer problems and complaints
* May train users and operators on a limited basis and/or may write training procedures
* Participate in on-going training and departmental development
* Routine maintenance updates with otherIT staff and business units
* Provide all required documentation including standards, configurations and diagrams
* Provide knowledge transfer of End User Computing operations
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS :
* Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
* Hands-on work experience with the following Windows Operating systems
* Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
* Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
* ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center or service NOW.
* Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
* MS Office Suite (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, MS Visio and Lync 2010/20
* Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) Ability to troubleshoot and solve JAVA and Flash player issues.
* VPN and remote dial-in users
* Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
* iPhone and Androidmobile device support
* Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like WinZip, etc.
* Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written)
* Good documentation skills
* Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE (Including MS Project and
* Should have a great customer handling skills
* Able to handle unforeseen situations
* High level of acceptance
* Can drive organization's value and its methodology
OTHER SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
* Ability to successfully provide hardware/software/network problem analysis and resolution support in person, over the phone or through remote connection.
* Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service at all times. Ability to finish what is started is a must.
* Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player in a fast-paced environment where all information is shared.
* Ability to learn new information quickly and the willingness to do so at all times.
* Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via pager during the week.
* Customer Focus
* Technical Expertise
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Concern for Order and Quality
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
* Relevant : 2 - 3 years of help desk, voice customer service, or support experience with problem solving involving hardware, software, and networks.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
* Preferred COMP TIA A+/MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS or Cisco certification
* ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
* Total: 3-4 yrs. of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)
HelpDesk : IT, Helpdesk Support, Desktop operating systems, Desk Side Support, Desk Side, IT Support, Technical Support, Windows Support, MAC Support, MACOSX Support, Remote Support, Support Tech, 24x7, Support Technician, Outlook Migration, Exchange Migration, printer support, VOIP Support, LAN Support, Windows Support, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, antivirus software, spyware, desktop computers, networkservers, network printers, remote connections, connectivity, networks, MS Office, desktop technician, PC technician, support engineer, PC support, desktop support, PC ticketing, laptops, fixing, cabling, LAN/WAN, network. Cisco switches, hubs, TCP/IP, IP, troubleshooting, SMS, Active Directory, Dell Kace, Help Desk systems, A+, CompTIA, Dell Support, HP Support