- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Desktop Engineer 1
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Salary Range: 59,298 - 68,192 - 77,087
Desktop Engineer 1 Job Summary
The Desktop Engineer 1 is a hands-on technical resource responsible for the support and evolution of the end user computing environment. This technical resource is responsible for research, planning, implementation, and support of Westfield s end user computing environment. Knowledge in both client and server-based technologies is required. This resource will participate in or lead enterprise projects that support current technology, and implement new technologies in an effort to optimize or increase end user productivity. Serves as the go-to resource for Desktop Analysts for issues that require advanced technical troubleshooting. Responsible to drive projects of moderate complexity. May be required to coach and mentor desktop analysts, as well as act in a project management capacity supervising technical implementations performed by an analyst and/or other engineers. This resource will be required to own problem coordination and response of external vendors in the end user computing space regularly.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance not a complete list)
1. Maintains current and future industry knowledge and plans the adoption of technologies that are beneficial to the end user computing environment.
2. Performs architectural design and requirements gathering to implement new technologies in the Westfield end user computing environment.
3. Develops strategic plans and roadmaps associated with the end user computing environment.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 3-5 years of IT work experience.
2. Bachelor s degree (preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems) OR equivalent work experience.
3. Available for required rotational on-call 24x7 support.
4. Ability to provide on call support for off shift, weekends, and holidays.
5. Proven ability to demonstrate an excellent customer service attitude and interact with customers in a professional manner.
6. Proven ability to demonstrate excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
7. Proven ability to consistently demonstrate problem solving, ability to learn, priority setting, time management, and planning.
8. Server and/or client technology industry certification(s).
9. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
* Ability to install and relocate computer equipment and peripherals, requiring the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.