Desktop Support Analyst
The Desktop Support Analyst (DSA) is responsible for 1st and 2nd level end user technical support of desktop computers, software applications, mobile device technologies, and computer peripherals.
S/he will rotate on the ACD phone system to research and troubleshoot ad-hoc technical inquiries with the highest level of customer service, perform desk side tech support, process hardware / software requests, perform local PC builds / deploys, conduct hardware moves, lease replace computers, provide issue trend analysis, project support, market / promote the latest tools and services via the TechConnect Solutions Desk, work with Subject Matter Experts to conduct technical productivity workshops, and partner with vendors.
In addition, the DSA will assist with technology projects, collaborate with colleagues to find innovative solutions to technical problems, and interact with Business Lines to provide point of service support on all client technical needs.
As part of the Desktop Support Team, the DSA will be at the center of end user technology, providing hands on technical expertise and customer service excellence, learning new computing tools, executing infrastructure projects, engaging colleagues through special events, helping drive excitement of BBH technology, supporting the latest mobile devices, and delivering technical services.
* Rotate on the ACD phone system to research and troubleshoot ad-hoc technical inquiries with the highest level of customer service
* Provide hardware/software support on desktops, laptops, virtual machines, printers, mobile devices and peripherals for over 5000 users
* Perform desk side, phone, and remote support
* Support TechConnect Solutions Desk mobile device troubleshooting and training
* Utilize a ticketing system to respond to end user issues
* Provide off hour support
* Troubleshoot Blackberry, Apple and Android platforms
* Troubleshoot software across Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 environments including Microsoft Office 2007-2013, Internet Explorer 8-11, Lotus Notes 9, SCCM client, Adobe products, Java, Hyperion, Oracle 9 10 11, and proprietary internal applications
* Perform desk side tech support including computer hardware builds, software installs, equipment deploys, moves, and lease returns
* New equipment (PC / Laptop / Monitor builds, deploys, and loaners)
* Moves (schedule and move PC's, Laptops, Monitors, Printers, and perform wire management)
* VDI's (coordinate build and deploy of Virtual Desktops and help users with 1st time login)
* Lease Replacements (retrieve, stage, build new computers, run restore, install / test apps, deploy new equipment, wire management, return old equipment to Inventory)
* Configure and test applications before deployment (Notes Mail, IE, Firefox, Microsoft, Hyperion, Printers, etc.)
* Mobile device hardware setup & deployment (build, configure, deploy, train users on Blackberries, iPhones, iPads, etc.)
* Printers (retrieve from Inventory, schedule, deploy, setup, configure, test)
* GoToMeeting account maintenance
* Conduct data analysis, identify issue trends, and leverage project / database tools to report findings as needed
* Provide liaison services (product research, technical consultation, business line catering how-to questions)
* Manage daily end user incidents and requests via proTECH assignment groups and support mailboxes
* Process Application Assessments to ensure new software is warranted and safe for our environment
* Assess validity of hardware / software requests
* Assess ability to use Virtual Desktops
* Assess extra parts needed to fulfill hardware and software requests
* Manage Lease Replacement timeline, budget, and order equipment
* Process all orders efficiently and with accuracy to ensure the correct equipment is ordered and delivered on time
* Create build sheets to ensure all Lease Return computers are properly built
* Manage the HP Printer contract
* Assist with ad-hoc projects (Browser, OS, Office upgrades, etc.)
* Rotate on the TechConnect Solutions Desk to troubleshoot, evangelize / promote, and train end users on the latest tools and technologies
* Support Mobile Productivity Suite (Good, Citrix Receiver, iConnect, etc.)
* Support Social Productivity Suite (Notes Mail, Connections, Sametime, etc.)
* Support Presentation / Training Suite (Show&Share, Agile Rooms, etc.)
* Participate in technical workshops to educate the user community
* Assist in maintaining online content (Knowledge base, FAQ s, How-To Videos)
EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE(S)
* Bachelor Degree or Certification with major / minor in Computer Science or closely related field.
* Experience with Helpdesk, Desktop Support, or Technical Liaison related functions a plus.
* Experience with Client Service related functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (GENERAL AND TECHNICAL)
* Problem Solving, Help Desk Experience, Verbal & Written Communication, Analytical, Operating Systems, Phone Skills, Customer Service Excellence, Quality Focus, PC Proficiency, Presentation Skills, Organizational Skills, Training, Teamwork, Collaborative, Technical Zeal, Self-Development, Self-Confidence.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED TRAINING, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL ABILITIES REQUIRED)
* Passionate about technology
* Adaptability and willingness to learn new things
* Ability to work flexible hours if needed (past 5pm, weekends, and holidays)
Grade - 7
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.