Desktop Support Analyst
A Field Technician is responsible for the installation of workstations and telecommunication peripheral equipment as well as for providing technical support and consultation for desktop, network, and telecommunications. This position provides a level of technical expertise across multiple skill sets to address and resolve the customer's issues in an acceptable timeframe. Individuals in this position must have solid knowledge of PCs, peripherals, networks, servers, and telecommunications. The Field Technician is responsible for diagnosing and resolving network problems and appropriately referring and supporting complex problems, and providing instruction to end users on basic use of hardware and desktop supported software.
* Thoroughly understands the variables that impact the customer the most.
* Strives to exceed customers' expectations.
* Asks the right questions and investigates problems from all angles to effectively find the root cause.
* Incorporates creativity and innovative thinking into the problem-solving process to meet the unique needs of each customer.
* Actively listens to the customer's entire problem and avoids interruptions or interjections.
* Makes oneself approachable and available to others.
* Responds with a sense of urgency to other team members' critical tickets.
* Empathizes with users and customers when they call; demonstrates a genuine interest in helping them.
* Volunteers to assist and support others when needed.
* Remains abreast of industry changes.
* Effectively applies relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
* Provides information in a timely fashion and keeps users fully informed of progress and decisions being made.
* Reads books and other resources to expand IT expertise or to learn new techniques.
* Remains vocal about desire to engage in projects or activities that will stretch knowledge or skill set.
* Acts as a trustworthy consultant to management in giving recommendations.
* Uses Auction specific knowledge to provide ad hoc support of other functions as required.
* B.S. Degree in computer science or related field is preferred, but not required.
* 3-5years of Service and Support experience
* Strong problem solving and communication skills required.
* Ability to manage relationships while being consistent and providing quality.
* Candidates must also have functional and technical expertise, show initiative, be customer focused, and work well in teams.
* MCSE, A+, CCNP, CCNA, or MCP certifications preferred