Desktop Support (Contract to hire)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition #:
Desktop Support (Contract to hire)
JOB SUMMARY: Provides technical support to end-users in configuration and installation of software and deployment of desktops and laptops. Troubleshoots, repairs and debugs routine desktop/laptop hardware and software problems.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Install and configure Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
2. Troubleshoot problems with networked desktops, laptops,Wireless wide area network (WWAN) modules, Smartphones and printers, either in person or remotely, within established Service Level Agreements (SLA s)
3. Install various other software applications using established procedures, within established SLA s
4. Troubleshoot network issues for remote employees using home office routers, cable/DSL modems and PC connectivity using VPN client
5. Perform hardware component upgrades and replacements
6. Assist in installation of Microsoft and Adobe Service Packs and/or Hotfixes using automation tool and/or manual update processes
7. Assist in setup and physical moves of all PC equipment
8. May be required to assist in Facilities related job tasks
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements
11. Demonstrate Company s Core Competencies and values held within
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
The incumbent works under moderate direction and uses some independent judgment to identify issues and recommend solutions. An incumbent possesses and applies a broad range of knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures, and tools in the field of PC Support. Work is varied with moderate complexity, requiring the individual to use a broad range of knowledge gained through experience. The incumbent works with internal and external sources to complete objectives, keeping the needs of customers as a priority when making decisions and taking action. The incumbent is expected to make day-to-day decisions to expedite and resolve pending PC Support issues.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
* Minimum High School Diploma
* Minimum 1 year of experience
* Experience with Windows 7+ operating systems
* (A+ certification, Network+ certification, etc.)
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Knowledge with network printing is essential is preferred
* Knowledge with remote control software is preferred
* Knowledge with desktop management and packaing tools is preferred
* Knowledge of PC and network troubleshooting
* Communication (written, verbal and listening), planning, organizing, analytical, problem-solving, time-management skills and customer service skills
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to understand client/server interactions as it applies to applications
* Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Additional BenefitsWe offer a competitive total compensation and benefits package, an incentive bonus program and an employee recognition program that acknowledges and rewards employees for outstanding performance. Here's a summary of the benefits we offer to MultiPlan employees.
•Medical Dental & Vision Insurance
•Optional and Dependent Life Insurance
•Short and Long-Term Disability
•Paid Time Off
•Paid Company Holidays
•Flexible Spending Account