Desktop Support - Int
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mastech Digital is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Desktop Support - Int for our client in the Healthcare domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 4 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Downey, CA 90242
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Desktop Support - Int
Role Description: The Desktop Support - Int would need to have at least 3 to 6 years of experience. This Candidate provides Level 1 and Level 2 support.
The Desktop Support will also handle minor triage issues with basic troubleshooting and escalating all other issues to Level 2 and 3 support. Triage includes the troubleshooting of the controls systems.
Responsibilities include maintaining, developing and supporting personal computers, servers, local and wide area network, software, and data communications technologies throughout the Firm, to maximize Firm-wide productivity and minimize system downtime.
The Desktop Support assists with Helpdesk duties and installs hardware and software. This position will support the Pharmacy which dispenses Prescription refills, ~50,000 refills per day. The application has 200+ clients with several key Business Partners. The facility is a production facility in an industrial environment that is a combination of automated, semi-automated and manual processing stations. This position will provide flexible 24x7 shift coverage for the application.
- Maintaining peripherals (PCs, printers, scanners, application troubleshooting) and Application support.
- Monitoring Application, Server, Database, and back-up systems.
- This position receives high-level direction from the Support Services Leader but must work with the business clients and support vendors with minimal daily direction.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience in data processing or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and a basic understanding of control systems are required to be able to quickly understand the operation and process.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also a must since will be working closely with the client.
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot incidents impacting peripheral devices: workstations, printers, servers, and packing stations.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on peripheral devices.
- Walk the production floor to look for opportunities to improve the performance, quality, safety, of the operational environment.
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
- Analytical skills and ability to identify root cause of issues.
- Understanding of control systems, servers, workstations, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with vendors, clients, other IT support resources.
- Similar experience in warehouse or control environment.
- Ability to work weekends, mid-shifts, holidays, as needed in scheduling. (Team will provide 24x7 support, initial schedule will be mid-shift, including Sat or Sun coverage).
- Understanding of industrial automation controls.
- Collaboration amongst the team and business partners.
- Ability to create strong client relationships.
- Strong ability to work independently.
Education: High School
Experience: Minimum 3-6 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Vaibhav Kabadwal
Recruiter Phone: 877-884-8834 (Ext: 2167)