This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DESKTOP SUPPORT - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Provide specialized hardware / software / network problem diagnosis / resolution for customer's end users (specialized Office Support / Blackberry / VPN)
* Route problems to onsite hands and feet support staff.
* Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff that provide hardware / software / network problem resolution.
* Administer and provide User Access and Exit controls.
* Experience in Administration of Macintosh base environment
* Experience in supporting production environment comprising of MAC machines
* Good hands on experience on MAC OSX Snow Leopard, OS Lion, Mountain Lion & Mavericks
* In depth knowledge of Apple Mac client and server operating systems.
* Client Management tools such as Apple Remote Desktop, Deploy Studio, Package maker, FileWave& Casper would be a plus
* Open / Active Directory integration
* Scripting, programming and other languages (Python, Ruby, C, C++, Objective C) would be a plus
* Basic knowledge of Windows based systems ExperienceRequired
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence both I.T. and the business
* Exposure/ Troubleshooting knowledge to most common Macintosh applications like Adobe apps, Quark Xpress, MS Office and Final Cut Pro (FCP) would be added advantage.
* Mass upgrades and patch management of Mac OS and Software
* Product installation and application patches deployment
* Administration and maintenance of existing packages
* 3-4 yrs of University education post High school (B.Sc. or Diploma)
* 1-2 yrs diploma in Information Technology. Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS.
* 3-5years help desk, customer service, and support experience with problem solving involving hardware, software, and networks.
* Phone support experience necessary.
* Technical helpdesk or technical call center experience is necessary
* VPN and remote dial-in users
* Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
* PDA, tablets, iPads and phone support
* Others: Adobe suites and other common desktop applications
* Experience in SME support in specialized desks like Blackberry, VPN, MS Office etc.
* Management and System Administration of MAC workstation and Server.
* Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required. Hands-on work experience with the following:
* Windows Operating systems Windows 7, XP, 2000, 98
* Mac OS OS X
* Servers: Windows 2000, 2003, 2008
* Remote desktop connectivity applications: RDP, pcAnywhereTeamviewer
* MS Office Suite: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook/Exchange
* Internet browsers (e.g. Explorer, Netscape, Firefox)
* Problem Management & Escalations
* Analysis on performance
* Change Management activities
* Should have excellent troubleshooting abilities - to reduce the overall incident resolution time
* Back-up and Recovery Services
* Upgrades and Patch management
* Vendor Management
* BCP/DR Implementation and Support
* Root cause analysis and preparing Major Incident Reports
* Installations, moves, adds, and changes (IMACs)
* Engineering of SA-related solutions for project and operational needs
* Should be able to work in an on-site/off-shore model - ensuring seamless communication with the offshore team to achieve service Levels
* Able to work well with little direction and in a team atmosphere
* Ability to manage multiple projects each with critical deadlines simultaneously
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
* Ensure maximum um availability of Infrastructure by providing a quick turnaround of resolution times