Desktop Support 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for DESKTOP SUPPORT for our client in SAVANNAH, GA
JOB TITLE: DESKTOP SUPPORT
JOB LOCATION: SAVANNAH, GA
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
* Takes ownership and performs analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems, recommends and implements corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
* Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required service levels.
* Acts as lead for assigned area coordinates with other IT Towers to ensure successful resolution of service requests
* Acts as "hands and feet" support for network and server issues
* Receive and respond to Incidents and Work Orders within required SLA
* Document all equipment changes in the Asset Management System.
* Accurately document all work performed inside of the Remedy ticketing system.
* If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors. (1.) Co-ordinating with vendor to replace faulty server hardwares like hard disk, fan, ram. array battery, etc manage Tape rotation San switches connectivity
* Frequent monitor of temperature in the Data centre
* Frequently updating the server inventories and ensure accuracy
* Ensure Console connectivity
* Frequently checking the network connectivity between the servers, filers etc
* Server OS upgrade
* Server monitoring
* Conduct Patching activity
* Disk space issues
* Auditing the security settings of all the important server config files
* Server Hardware alerts
* Maintaining the server report compliancy
* SNMP agent monitor