Desktop Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of desktop problems for users, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
* Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop equipment and software
* Works with procurement staff and IT management to purchase hardware and software
* Perform upgrades, installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and desktop applications and systems to ensure longevity within established standards and guidelines
* Maintains accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system and according to policies and standards
* Participates in the accurate inventory tracking of all computer hardware to ensure items are properly tagged, inventory is rechecked as required
* Resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products
* Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs
* Perform moves, ads, and changes (MAC) requests
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
* BS/BA or equivalent
* Hands-on experience in a 24X7 production environment
* Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with the support and Administration of Microsoft SQL database servers 2005/2008
* Strong understanding of Microsoft server operating systems, IIS, Apache and VMWhere
* Experience with maintaining data security and access control to production servers and databases
* Strong knowledge of the new features of SQL 2005 and 2008
* Experience with source-code control systems (Visual SourceSafe, SharePoint and/or ClearCase)
* Versed in a phased-release approach to product development
* Must be skilled at organizing, planning, and problem solving
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and work well under pressure
* Experience with product teams developing web-based software or online transaction system
* Well versed with System maintenance tasks and reporting
* Experience with maintaining corporate Intranet is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.