Desktop Support Specialist 9/1/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HOT REQUIREMENT:
TITLE: DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: NEW YORK - 10022
DURATION: 1 YEAR CONTRACT TO HIRE
DESKTOP SUPPORT ROLE DUTIES:
* Hardware / Software Support & Repair For Both MAC & Intel based computers (Level 2-3 expertise) Working Knowledge of wired / wireless Network Installation & Configuration Workflow Assessment Skills and Creative / Resourceful Problem Solving Needs Assessment & Consultation Abilities Detailed Tracking & Management of any / all computer assets
* Excellent Customer Service Skills Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office and other authorized desktop applications
* Customize desktop and laptop hardware to meet user specifications and site standards
* When the restoration is beyond the scope of the Desktop Support Engineer, escalate the issue/problem to the appropriate support group.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Apple & A+ Certified or Equivalent Experience Apple Certified Desktop Technician & Microsoft MCDST or Equivalent Experience Microsoft Active Directory Management - Knowledge Incident Management System
* Experience (ie. CA, Remedy, SM9) Apple & Microsoft Patching Experience with LANDesk, Kaspersky AV preferred Apple & Intel Machine Imaging System Deployment Expertise Network & Local Printer Support / Management.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Team orientated, with a reputation for providing excellent client service and technical support.
* Exceptional proficiency in PC troubleshooting and maintenance
* DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY IN APPLE/MAC MACINTOSH TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE
* Software and hardware troubleshooting
* Knowledge of all software applications used within the organization
* Create or modify training and SOP documentation
* Create or modify system use documentation
* Good communication (both verbal and written) skills