Desktop Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DETAILS:
JOB TITLE: Desktop Engineer
LOCATION: Shrewsbury, MA
DURATION: 12+ months (Strong possibility for an extension)
* We are looking for a Desktop Engineer to support the Information Technology Department with the replacement of older Windows computers (Tech Refresh).
* This position is part of a team of contracted professionals to manage and execute a large-scale project on a short timeline. It is led by a Project Manager and the logistics are arranged by a Project Coordinator. All work is overseen by the Director of Productivity Services in the Information Technology department.
* The right candidate will have a broad range of experience supporting Windows systems. We are also charged with supporting a wide range of software applications. The successful candidate will have a flexible and innovative approach to test application compatibility in Windows 10 and Windows 7 operating systems. We see new challenges every day, so an outgoing, friendly personality is paramount to providing the level of attentive service that we strive for at Client.
* A key responsibility in this role will be to work directly with customers to assess their current systems, assist in identifying and procuring required hardware and software to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7, ensure important data and profiles are migrated to the network and restored, as necessary, to the upgraded/migrated system. In the event that a Windows 10 configuration is not possible, a Windows 7 system will be deployed. Good communication and testing skills are vital in identifying which configuration is best for each customer.
* Systems being replaced will be removed from the customer location to be decommissioned according to the school asset decommissioning procedure. Additional follow-up work will be required to ensure customer satisfaction and occasional re-work may be needed, but must be minimized to keep the project on schedule.
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience in migrations/tech refreshes, particularly in Windows;
* Demonstrated experience in testing application compatibility in Windows 10;
* Demonstrated experience supporting/troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10;
* Familiarity supporting industries like call centers, higher education, healthcare, finance, research, corporate and/or biotech;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; there will be required procedures to follow and documentation to complete in order to ensure a successful completion of the project;
* The ability to cooperate and collaborate to achieve a successful migration and show confidence in being able to address customer needs;
* Candidates must be physically capable of lifting and moving desktop and laptop computer systems, in many cases, underneath end-user desks.
* The best candidate is one that can dig deep into finding solutions (not workarounds), is innovative, self-motivated, self-directed, and shows the confidence to be able to resolve issues presented with little direction/guidance;
* Microsoft certifications are a plus;
* Mac experience is a plus;
* Use of Intuit QuickBase - the database tool used to track progress.