Desktop Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
Fort Bragg, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesignated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the Desktop Support Technician (PC Technician II ), you will interact daily with the customer to ensure productivity and provide resolution to IT issues that the end-users may have with existing desktops, laptops, software installations issues, and other critical needs. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, Cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to adapt to dynamic environments. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Provide highly technical expertise in PC installation, configuration; application customization, testing and cut over support.
* Provide IT support using best practices in conjunction with existing policy and procedures within a government infrastructure environment.
* Follow previously established guidelines for process to perform the functions of the position.
* Adhere to instructions from immediate supervisor based on re-prioritizing tasks based on customer needs.
* Travel to various sites on base as needed to provide support.
* Associate Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or Engineering or Business, or related scientific or technical discipline (however, an additional two years of related technical experience may be substituted).
* Active DoD Secret security clearance.
* Valid Security+ CE or A+ CE certification and actively participating in CompTIA's CE program.
* Valid Driver's License.
* Current MCSA Windows 8 certification or must obtain within 60 days of hire.
* Minimum 2 years of applicable professional technical experience in computer systems software and hardware operation and maintenance within DoD environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline.
* Prior military service or support of military customers.
* ITIL v3 certification.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://nciinc.contacthr.com/50675745.jpg /