Desktop Support Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Supports the daily operations of desktop software and hardware by providing assistance through phone and email requests in resolving technology support issues. Configures and installs new technology while also providing maintenance by repairing, upgrading and backing up existing technology.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains desktop software and hardware and also supports mobile workforce.
* Provides support to users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems.
* Involved in the installation and rollout of new software packages, upgrades and new desktop hardware.
* Troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides.
* Documents problems and resolutions.
* Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
* Evaluates, maintains, modifies (e.g., creates macros, templates) and documents desktop application packages, participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
* Consults with and makes recommendations to users on selection of hardware and software products to address business requirements.
* May perform end-user training.
* Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of BKFS business environment and the application development environment
* Experience with troubleshooting and using diagnostic tools to evaluate and determine next steps to correct issues
* Experience building and supporting applications
* Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
* Ability to develop partnership-oriented relationships with business executives and functional leaders
* Ability to determine escalation practices
* Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with focus on timeliness, documentation, and communications with peers and business users alike
* Ability to listen and communicate with clients to effectively solve issues and provide excellent customer support
* Results oriented, business focused, and successful at interfacing across multiple organizational units
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate level role. Provides maintenance and support for simple to moderately complex client products. Works on one or more projects concurrently as a project team member. May coach more junior technical staff. Provides tier 1 and 2 support to users for software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems. Escalates to tier 3 support when necessary. Typically requires four (4) years of experience in supporting desktop software and hardware products and problem solving/troubleshooting.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer