Desktop Support Technician and IP Address and Active Directory 8/31/2016
Alpha Solutions Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Seeking a level 1 level or level 2 desktop person. This individual will be reporting directly to the Director of IT. The Desktop Support person will be traveling between 7 different buildings between Manhattan and Brooklyn. Daily Duties include:
* Install desktops and normal repairs to desktops that are already in place.
* Basic installing of hardware and software.
* Format and reinstall Windows.
* Install printers.
* Set-up IP addresses and create and reset passwords
* Troubleshoot any desktop or printer issues.
* trace out any minor network issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Need to have basic server (server 2003/2008) and network knowledge.
* Working knowledge of Windows 7, XP and IOS (Apple products: Ipads, desktops, etc).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must have strong time-management skills.
* Able to work independently.
* Must be trustworthy.
* Strong Communications skills.