This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for DESKTOP TECHNICIAN for our client in COLUMBIA, SC
JOB TITLE: DESKTOP TECHNICIAN
JOB LOCATION: COLUMBIA, SC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
* Candidate should possess advanced engineering and troubleshooting skills for the support and maintenance of endpoint technologies.
* Supported endpoint technologies include workstations, printers and client software.
* A desirable candidate would have experience with desktop imagining using IBM bugfix: OS deployment, advanced knowledge of Microsoft active directory and experience with McAfee security products.
* Knowledge of utility programs, scripting and the ability to identify and resolve problems is required.
* Ability to work independently and to work outside of the normal work hours as needed is required.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Configures and installs software for IT users' desktops and laptops. Involved in the installation and roll out of new software packages, upgrades and new desktop hardware. Maintains desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce.
* Provides Tier 2 support to IT users for basic software and hardware of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems.
* Troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides. Escalates to Tier 3 support when necessary.
* Documents problems and resolutions.
* May perform end-user training. Strong customer service skills are important in this position.
* Participates in the testing and evaluation of new desktop packages and implements prototypes.
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.